What is auto insurance?
Because every state requires you to have the state minimum coverage, you should look for affordable auto insurance that will protect you if you have an accident. If you are a good driver and haven't had any parking tickets or accidents recently, then most insurance companies will offer you discount auto insurance policies.
What does auto insurance cover?
- Bodily Injury Liability: This provides protection if the driver, policyholder, or the policyholder's family member causes bodily injury to someone else.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): If the passengers and driver of the policy holder's vehicle are injured, PIP covers the cost of treatment and may also cover lost wages, cost of replacing services, and funeral costs. Search the internet for best auto insurance rates.
- Property Damage Liability: If you or someone else permitted to drive your car damages others' property, this coverage will protect you. When you look for free auto insurance quotes, make sure you will be covered under the Property Damage Liability coverage.
- Collision coverage: This compensates for damage to the policy holder's car as a result of collision with another car. Even if you are at fault, this term will cover the cost of repair to your car minus the deductible. If you are not at fault, then your insurer will try to recover the cost from the other driver's insurer.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Many of you may be asking yourselves "What is comprehensive auto insurance protection?". If you suffer a loss due to theft or a damage caused by something other than a collision, like a fire, explosion, earthquake, or windstorm, then this protects you.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM): Individuals who buy cheap car insurance are often underinsured and do not have enough money to pay for losses if they are involved in an accident. If an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver hits you or your family member, this term will reimburse the cost of your damages. You will also be protected if you are hit as a pedestrian. When you buy car insurance compare quotes for UM/UIM coverage from different companies.
What are the benefits of buying auto insurance online?
Here are 4 benefits you can get if you buy auto insurance coverage online:
- Easier research: The internet allows you to do extensive research on various companies without having to visit each company. You can easily find the cheapest legal auto insurance online to suit your budget.
- 24/7 service: This is the best part about looking for information online; you can find information when you need it.
- Manage a policy: You can manage your policy, print out proof of coverage, and view/ manage your bill online.
- Claim: You can even file a claim online and follow it up online.
Which factors influence your auto insurance rates?
When you apply for an auto insurance coverage, the company sends over your application to the underwriters. The underwriters evaluate the level of risk associated with an applicant, and accordingly approve and fix his/her rate or reject the application. The factors which are usually considered for the auto insurance underwriting process are:
- Age and gender of the driver
- Driving records/ history of the one to be insured
- Prior claims history
- Efficiency of the driver (driving education)
- Model, make and type of the vehicle
- Age of the vehicle
- Mileage of the vehicle
- Location (where it'll be used)
- Purpose for which the vehicle is used (work, personal, pleasure or commercial etc.)
- How the vehicle is garaged
- Your choice of deductible, limits of coverage and benefits
- Auto insurance score
Converting to a low cost policy
- Safety measures: A few insurers offer discounts for safety measures like anti-lock brakes on used cars.
- Multiple policy rates: Some of the bigger insurance companies that provide different types of insurance offer "bundle" rates if you buy several kinds of insurance, like life insurance and homeowner's insurance in addition to your car insurance.
- Safe driver's discount: In many cases, insurers offer a safe driver's discount if you go for a certain period without a ticket or accident, usually 3 years.
- Renewal discount: If you have been with an insurer for a long time, they might offer a renewal discount to get you to continue your current coverage.
- Discounts for students: If you are a student, unmarried, under the age of 25 years, and you meet the grade requirements, you may get cheap auto insurance.
- Choosing a higher deductible: If you choose a higher deductable, your premium payment will be less, but you will have to pay more if you have an accident.
- Type of car: The type of vehicle you buy is a factor your insurance agent uses to determine your auto insurance premium rate. The quotes you get for an expensive car will be higher than for a more standard car. The age and size of your car also determines how high your premium is.
- Good credit history: Maintaining good credit history may also entitle you to certain discounts.
- Low mileage discounts: Some companies may also offer certain percentage of discounts to individuals who drive less than the average number of miles each year. If you are one of them, then you may also get this privilege.
Will your premium go up after you file a claim?
If you have a bad driving record, your motor insurance company may refuse to renew your policy and varies from one company to another. Accidents caused by drunk driving are more likely to result in a non-renewal of your policy.
If you decide not to inform your insurer about a minor accident, it may cause problems later. If you get sued by the other driver, your auto policy provider might not cover you because of the time lapse. Even if the claim is not refused, it will be harder to find evidence to support your case.
No one can predict when they will get into an accident. Investing in automobile insurance, protects you and your family during accidents and from losing your license for driving without insurance.
- Where to find cheap auto insurance quotes
- Auto insurance FAQ
- How do automobile insurance claims affect your policy?
- What are the advantages of getting auto insurance quote online?
- Should you drop collision coverage from auto insurance policy
- How to get affordable auto insurance quote for teenagers
Useful auto insurance letter
Total Comments: 154
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 03:19 am Post Subject: ARIZONA CAR INSURANCE
We provide an effective way to get an affordable Arizona car insurance. Saving up to 40% on your auto & home Insurance has never been easier! This site brings you the best tips on Arizona car insurance.
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:00 am Post Subject:
IVE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO AFFORD LIABILITY BUT NEED MY CAR TO BE COVERED IF ANYTHNG GOES WRONG WHAT WOULD U SUGGEST I GET AS MY POLICY THAT WOULD STILL BE A REASONABLE PRICE
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 01:29 pm Post Subject: Awesome read, well done
Awesome read, well done
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 07:03 pm Post Subject: Agreed Value Auto Insurance
Does anybody know of a company that offers agreed value car insurance that allows basically unrestricted use? I have a modified, restored 1966 Mustang, which I've put quite a bit of money into rebuilding and would like to use it more or less as my daily car. The agreed value classic car policies are all too restrictive in their terms, e.g., cannot be a commuter car that's driven to work. Anyone have any leads?
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 08:54 pm Post Subject:
RayGBerg, I cannot say for sure but you may want to see if Progressive offers such a policy. I know they have been moving in the direction of offering many different policies for most any situation.
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 01:06 pm Post Subject: what is IMT full form
What is the full form of IMT?
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 05:14 pm Post Subject:
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 07:12 am Post Subject: kezia-noble.com - how to get a hot girl in to bed
I’m sat in a coffee shop in Covent Garden. This place is literally buzzing . The constant flow of business professionals is quite striking, at first you notice something different when you look into the eyes and faces of these people, ambition… determination. and pride. They are proud of who they are what they represent – great attraction qualities. For someone that suffers from approach anxiety this is no walk in the park . You are dealing with people that have places to go… important people to see but still, today, I am determined my student gets the results he wants out of the session.
Here I have written out a structure of the model we will be using today and have broke it down with a few examples
Allow Comfortable talking distance between you both
Approach from side. NEVER FROM BEHIND
Smile on approach
use pauses and tone
This is really random, but I’ve noticed you have a really natural beauty about you
Your tan is really cool, where did you get that
I love your confidence
You look like you’re well travelled
how long have you been dancing for
When it comes to swimming your more of a doggy paddler
Use a thread from the 10 hook lead system to build rapport.
At height of the conversation cut the thread
False time constraint to get out whilst she is feeling good and enjoying the conversation this anchors good feelings towards you and allows you to get out before the conversation hits a lull.
Listen I’ve really got to get back to work, I’ve really enjoyed talking to you actually. Put your number in there(hand phone) we should continue this conversation another time ( nick name number close, kiss cheek close) and get out of there buddy !
Remember guys, HOT women very rarely get approached in the day, increase your chances of bagging these girls by going direct – this separates you from just another guy that approached her in a nightclub or at a party and most importantly she will REMEMBER you ..
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 06:24 pm Post Subject: implied insurance
i am 18 years old i am a full time college student i am on my stepmoms insurance my address is the same on my license as my step parents address so i am still technically declared an independant all my items except for a few clothes still remain at my step-parrents house since ive moved into a dorm at college, but i was told about implied insurance that since i had wreck just after i drove a car off a car lot w/o insurance that my parents insurance could be forced to be liable for the person i rear ended
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 09:23 pm Post Subject:
The fact that you are away from home attending college, you are still covered under your parents' policy -- if you are a listed driver with a listed vehicle. If you purchased another vehicle as a replacement, then you had the same coverage as the vehicle you traded in. But you were required to notify the insurance company of the purchase so that they can adjust the premium to cover the risk. Depending on how long ago the accident was, if you still have not notified them of the purchase and the collision, you have hung yourself out to dry -- dependent or "independent" as the case may be.